Corporate Safety Manager Wanted – DC area
Our client is a progressive, best in class organization founded in 1939 that has grown to become one of the largest outdoor service comapnies in the Country. Operating in 29 states and having over 800M in revenues and 14,000 employees. That client is now looking to recruit a Corporate Safety Manager (CSM) to design and implement the next level of safety management for the firm.
The Corporate Safety Manager (CSM) is responsible for leading all Divisional Teams in the operational safety area; developing, leading and auditing all safety activities for the company. This position will partner with executive leadership and regional teams to develop and instill a culture of safety throughout the company, execute safety policies and procedures, and ensure compliance to all applicable local and state regulations. In this capacity, the CSM will develop systems and processes to create an injury free workplace for our team members and reduce related costs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Lead the company Safety Management Improvement Initiative.
· Lead and manage the implementation of safety policies and procedures
· Coordinate weekly meetings with collaborative team ensuring goals are met
· Weekly meetings with corporate leaders to review progress, outcomes and next steps
· Direct interaction with consulting group on development of processes and programs
· Promote a safe and accident-free work environment through a company program and compliance with local, state and federal regulations
2) Development and support of Divisional Safety Manager
· Coordinate and implement weekly coaching and mentoring opportunities with the Divisional Safety Managers (DSM’s) and assist in their on-going training
· Facilitate bi-weekly calls with DSM team to review initiatives and best practices
· Develop, implement, and coordinate opportunities for training and development
3) Collaborate with the Corporate Training Manager on training materials
· Analyze current safety operation trends and determine areas of improvement
· Develop and standardize safety training programs
4) Collaborate with Corporate Risk Manager
· Risk assessments and action plans for improvement
· Review significant accident investigation results and trends
· Identify common issues and communicate to business units to prevent repeat incidents
5) Development and ongoing maintenance
· Develop standard operating procedures relating to safety
· Vendor management and expectations for products
· Create proper equipment use and guarding standards
· Conduct Noise surveys
· Facilitate development of emergency response plans and procedures
· Manage “Right-to-know” programs regarding hazardous chemicals
6) Monthly reporting to Executive leadership
· Recommend new procedures and approaches to safety and loss prevention based on reports of incidents, accidents, and other data
· Create progress reports on improvement initiative
· Analyze Accident trends by Division
· Review Divisional Safety Manager Audit results
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Ten or more years of safety management or related experience within a Construction, Landscaping or Outside Services Industry.
Management/Leadership experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledgeable and experienced in working with OSHA and DOT regulations
Experience in multi-site safety management preferred
Leadership, budgeting, accounting, economics, safety, project management and human resources
Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations and company policy
Ensure safety recordkeeping and data integrity and provides Operations with accurate reporting and metrics to support business safety initiatives
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Must be a strong team player, self-motivated, with good interpersonal skills.
Strong project management and implementation skills required.
Strong organizational and presentation skills, more specifically; aability to conduct training, communicate at panel discussions, and make professional presentations
Must have good computer skills in the use of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Strong organizational skills
Strong leadership and motivational abilities
Ability to travel two to three days per week or as need based on investigation needs
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a growing company that will let the ideal candidate chart the course for the future of their Safety Division. If you are interested in learning more about this exceptional opportunity please contact Janet Vincent at (410) 452-8141 to discuss further details. We are excited to partner in this search and look forward to speaking with you.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to create leadership opportunities for women and minorities, thus candidates from those groups are encouraged to apply.
Janet A. Vincent, Executive Vice President
Eastern Region Manager
The Rogan Group - Executive Search for the Insurance Industry
Owings Mills, MD
Phone (410) 452-8141, Fax (443) 394-8102
To view all of our openings, please visit www.rogangroup.com or call 800-440-0082